Sunday, June 30, 2013

I woke up last night to what sounded like a hurricane...thankfully it was only massive downpour on the tin roof right outside our window. It is definitely the monsoon season here! It continues to be humid and hot...so I feel right at home:)

My co teacher and I ended up not teaching Sunday School but instead were asked to share our testimony or whatever God laid on our hearts during the service. The building is a church on Sundays and is the home of a number of orphans during the week. We walked in to a number of children and adults singing at the top of their lungs in total abandonment to the God they love. As I looked over the people I was overwhelmed by a little girl standing right in front....she was beautiful with short cut dark hair, thin, and in a blue dress. She had her eyes closed and she was singing with all her might with the rest of the people. Her smile was contagious and I honestly admit that I had tears watching her worship Jesus...surrounded by others singing with the same enthusiasm,  praying in earnest at the same time, and filled with passion to share the gospel.

We are prepared and ready...and nervous about our first day teaching tomorrow!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment