Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summer travels:

After what seemed like days we finally arrived in the capital city. We were both ready to never step on another plane for the rest of our lives. But we had been so blessed in getting to all our flights and they were all on time! My suitcase is still missing...but will hopefully turn up tomorrow!
.
Humidity and gray clouds greeted us along with the smiling bright faces of 10 of the students who we are teaching. They were all women who had come and made sure to shake each of our hands. They have won my heart :)

I've already shared the bathroom with two lizards that decided to hang out with us in the afternoon, seen mango and coconut and banana trees, and eaten a delicious dinner of sweet and sour chicken.

They wasted no time in asking if I could teach the younger children in Sunday School tomorrow morning, so I am busy planning for that and trying to stay awake as much as possible...that's an impossible task, so I'll be headed to bed soon. It's 8:20 here and 9: 50 in America...the time change will take some getting used to! I mean 10 and 1/2 hours? So confusing:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment