Friday, June 21, 2013

 A New Start

Since my blog of three years is erased or has been discontinued, I'm starting a new one...with the same name!

The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind. I finished teaching on a Friday and by Monday I was flying out for a 2 and half week adventure! First stop was visiting friends in Tunisia to help encourage them and relive moments of Jordan. However, during my first hours in the country I discovered not only do they not speak the same Arabic I was familiar with...they don't eat the same amazing Middle Eastern food or have pita bread!! What kind of place was this?!!

However, I realized there were many things that I enjoyed about this place!

1) The architecture was beautiful! The bright blues and whites that contrasted with the stone streets and buildings.


2) The vast differences in landscape: from deserts to hills to farm lands. We stopped in a small village where the people had to carry their water (using donkeys or carrying it on their heads) because there wasn't a water source in the village.


We rented a car and drove all over the country...passing through small villages during market day (wall to wall people and cows running across the street!) and big cities-staying in an underground hotel where families used to live and eventually making our way to the Mediterranean and enjoying the blue water.


 Overall, it was a wonderful time of encouraging my friends who were there and spending time with local people drinking tea and having discussions of politics and history.



No comments:

Post a Comment