Monday, July 8, 2013

Challenge

We have four days left in this country. Time is flying by!

Over the weekend we were able to visit two of the orphanages that he had started and helped out with. We arrived at the first one with all 30 children sitting on benches eagerly waiting to sing songs to us. Then they asked us to share, pray, and teach songs. Key thing I have learned: ALWAYS be prepared to share something!! :) Beautiful faces and beautiful voices.




But it was the second orphanage that broke my heart and brought tears to my eyes. We rode about 30 minutes into the countryside in our truck...and when we turned down a dirt road..I realized this might be a little different than the other one. We passed a chicken farm with barb wire fences, then naked children running through bamboo huts with piles of trash everywhere. We eventually pull into a yard and two women and a man ran outside to greet us. We walk into the small brick building and the children are sitting on the floor ready to sing/greet us. We share again and pray for them. Then they come up and shake our hands...as I looked around the room I realized these children have absolutely nothing. No toys, no mattresses, no chairs...nothing. Their faces tore at my heart and as I shook their hands I really tried not to cry...one of the older women who helped there wouldn't let go of my hand when we tried to leave...so precious.

I would have loved to take all of them home. Seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment